You may choose Paizo archetypes as per the rules. However, some archetypes are banned or modified due to either thematic or balance concerns.
- Summoner - Synthesist
- Hunter - Primal Companion Hunter
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on firearms to function, unless that class appears on the "modified" list below.
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on Instigate Psychic Duel, or Chakras to function
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on Leadership, or a similar ability to function
- Any Class - Any archetype or bloodline referencing nanites or other technology
- A Bolt-Ace does not gain the Gunsmith class feature at first level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Bolt-Ace is proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They are proficient with all light armor.
- Cross-Blooded: Bonus damage per die from different bloodlines do not stack. For example, a Dragon/Orc bloodline blaster would get 1 dmg per die instead of 2.
- Wild-Caller(Half-Elf): Gives 1 evolution point every six levels instead of 1 evolution point every four levels.
- For the Unchained Classes, existing archetypes only function if the class still possess the abilities the archetype replaces.
- It is highly recommended to use the Tyrant archetype (for Lawful Evil) or the Insinuator archetype (for any evil) as chaotic evil is a tricky alignment to play. Not only that, but teamwork is an important part of DragonsGate and those who work against the group are often likely to lead very short lives.