You may choose Paizo archetypes as per the rules. However, some archetypes are banned or modified due to either thematic or balance concerns.
- Summoner - Synthesist
- Hunter - Primal Companion Hunter
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on firearms to function, unless that class appears on the "modified" list below.
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on Instigate Psychic Duel, or Chakras to function
- Any Class - Any archetype relying on Leadership, or a similar ability to function
- Any Class - Any archetype or bloodline referencing nanites or other technology
- A Bolt-Ace does not gain the Gunsmith class feature at first level.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Bolt-Ace is proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They are proficient with all light armor.
- Cross-Blooded: Bonus damage per die from different bloodlines do not stack. For example, a Dragon/Orc bloodline blaster would get 1 dmg per die instead of 2.
- Wild-Caller(Half-Elf): Gives 1 evolution point every six levels instead of 1 evolution point every four levels.
- For the Unchained Classes, existing archetypes only function if the class still possess the abilities the archetype replaces.
- It is highly recommended to use the Tyrant archetype (for Lawful Evil) or the Insinuator archetype (for any evil) as chaotic evil is a tricky alignment to play. Not only that, but teamwork is an important part of DragonsGate and those who work against the group are often likely to lead very short lives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.